This is caused by me taking another study break
Year in Review survey...ganked from several people.
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Um, graduate from high school and go to college. That's definately something I've never done before.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Well, not really. I haven't stood up for myself anymore than I said I would. I forgave people, but then decided to unforgive them. And I didn't let go and try letting things just fall into place. So, no, I didn't keep any of my New Year's resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but several people I used to be close to (I think we're at 3 now) are about to produce hell spawn.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Unfortunately, I lost quite a few people and Autumn. It's been a bad year for that.
5. What countries did you visit?
None, except the one I live in
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
A self-esteem and a backbone. Oh! I'd also like to have a clue what I'm doing with the rest of my life.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 26th at about 10 am= 2nd biggest mental breakdown to date
May 31st = graduation
the 2nd week of June = Senior Trip
August 28th = Biggest mental breakdown to date
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Um...I'd say really just letting myself be free onstage during Chorale, or maybe being named second team ECOL on Scholar Challenge. Are those pathetic biggest achievements? I hope not.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being able to properly adjust to life at Mount Union College.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yeah...I had mono in February. I have a rather heinous cold right now.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new computer
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Rebecca, she's really grown up in college.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Several people, but mostly my own for being so angst-ridden.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Myrtle Beach, the new computer...oh and college!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Possibly Myrtle Beach...how lame does that sound?
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
"So Long Astoria" - The Ataris / "Still Fighting It" - Ben Folds
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder - Sadder...I'd believe it and Rachel said I was, so...
Older or wiser - Just Older...I don't feel much wiser
Thinner or fatter? - Definately Thinner. I've lost at least 10 pounds since September and dropped a few dress sizes.
Richer or poorer? - Deeper in debt...thanks to stupid Mount Union
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Writing, thinking about my decisions, being happy in general.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Bitching about stupid stuff, worrying about things I can't control.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With my family. I don't know if we're going to my dad's family's or not because everyone's been fighting pretty badly, but the Italian stuff is all Christmas Eve.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
I thought I had, for a brief 26 days, but that was a mistake. And then later on in the year, to quote Catsy: "No. I fell in like, though, and boy was that
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
*ponders* We watched a lot of Family Guy and Aqua Teen Hunger Force during Sound of Music
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Well, there's someone I stopped hating and then decided to hate again. But it's bad karma to name names.
26. What was the best book you read?Wicked
by Gregory Maguire or The Devil Wears Prada
One heavy, one light, both good.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Um...I'd have to say Ben Folds and Green Day, though a lot comes really close.
28. What did you want and get?
People who genuinely like and respect me. Most of them I already had, I just didn't look close enough.
29. What did you want and not get?
A chance at romance, to go to the college I wanted to, to not be sick anymore, a lot of things.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Goodness, there's so many I liked. I saw so many movies this year, I can't even begin to keep track.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 18. The 1st day I had a sledding party with the Chorale at Audrey's and we had cake and sled, and watched Finding Nemo
and listened to Josh and Eric do a rousing Howard Dean impression about getting to the top of the hill. Then the next day, I had a big party at my house with a ton of my friends and we had cake and lasanga and watched Python and played Taboo. Then everyone left except Rachel, T, and Josh, and we all played euchre. The next day was a snow day and sledding at Rachel's.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I would have been able to chose my own college without really stupid restrictions on where that college would be.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
It's kinda like the "Wow! I suddenly realized that I have a decent figure!" line.
34. What kept you sane?
Rachel, for the most part, Kristin, for most of the other parts, Rebecca, and Jill. Over the summer it was that film troope.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The elections. I actually went to a rally. It was insane.
37. Who did you miss?
Everyone, even the dumbest people. But especially The FNF, the Fellowship, and thespians/chorale people. Oh! And the whole entire "Broken Promises" Productions film troope.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Jill, there's not a shadow of a doubt, but I also am very pleased to have met Jessie, Lauren, Alex, Mike, Julie, and various other college people. Also, I was glad to have met Sue...though, I fear I have forgotten her last name, one of the older nun type people.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
Things don't always work out the way that you think they should. Sometimes, no matter how much you pray and beg and plead, you aren't going to get what you want, so you're just going to have learn to deal with it.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:Forget me nots and second thoughts
Live in isolation
Heads or tails and fairytales in my mind
Are we? We are. Are we? We are the waiting unknown
The rage and love, the story of my life